Calling a mobile phone in the U.K. works just the same as calling a London landline, except that the 020 area code is replaced by a number starting with 07. Treat this as the area code, and remember to drop the leading zero when placing an international call, so dial 011-44-7X-XXXX-XXXX.
How do I call a mobile phone in the UK?
Here are the step-by-step instructions for dialing a cellphone in the UK:
- Step 1 – Dial the Exit Code (011) Enter the exit code, 011 (or the ‘+’ key if you’re on a cellphone)
- Step 2 – Dial the Country Code (44) After dialing the exit code, enter in 44.
- Step 3-Dial the Mobile Code (7) …
- Step 4-Dial the Phone Number.
How do you dial a +44 number?
First dial 011, the U.S. exit code. Next dial 44, the country code for the U.K. Then the area code (2–5 digits). And finally the phone number (4–8 digits; area code plus phone number equals 10 digits).
What is UK country code for mobile phones?
Adding ‘+44’, the UK’s country code makes the number unambiguous; ‘+44 7911 123456’ will always connect to a mobile phone in the UK.
What is the country code to call London England?
Start with 011 — the exit code for the US and Canada. Next, enter 44 — the country code for the UK. Then, dial 20 — the London area code (landlines only*).
Is +44 the same as 0?
44 is the country code for the UK. 0 is the long distance dialling code within the UK, from STD (subscriber Trunk Dialling) used to access the ‘long distance’ or trunk network. You don’t need it if dialling the UK from overseas as the call arrives already on the trunk network.
How do I call us WhatsApp from UK?
Use WhatsApp to call London.
Open your address book and enter a plus sign (+) followed by the phone number; the plus sign indicates that the entry is an international number. Remove any leading zeroes, and do not include the exit code. Include the country code of 44.
What does +44 mean in front of mobile number?
+44 is the international dialing code for the United Kingdom. Using +44 at the start of a British number allows you to call this number from outside of the UK.
What do you dial instead of 44?
If you are calling internationally, dial +441736334455 or use your country’s international access code in place of ‘+’. If you are in the UK, omit the +44 and dial 01736334455 instead.
Why is UK country code 44?
COUNTRY dialling codes were agreed in the early 1960s by the International Telecoms Union (a club of each country’s network providers). … The UK and France were the main players in the ITU, so they took the “nicer” codes 44 and 33.
Do you need country code for mobiles?
The country code for the UK is 44. It is also not necessary to dial the leading zero when calling into the UK from outside the country, so this is shown in a bracket. For example, +44 (0) 1423 396979 for Harrogate 01423 396979.
How do you write your mobile number with country code?
- +: Plus sign.
- country code: International country code. It comes after the plus sign. For ex. It is +91 for India whereas it is +1 for USA.
- area code: It follows after the international country code. India area codes usually have 2, 3 or 4 digits. For ex. …
- local phone number: Local phone number.
What is my mobile area code?
|Area code||Region||State or territory|
|02||Central East||New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory|
|03||South East||Victoria, Tasmania|
How do I make an international call to London?
Travel Tips Video
- Dial “011” for an international line.
- Dial “44,” which is the country code for the United Kingdom, of which England is a member.
- Dial “20,” which is the area code for London, England. …
- Dial the telephone number of your party.
How do I make an international call to the UK?
Follow these steps to call the UK from the US:
- Dial the exit code 011. This will let your carrier know you’re making an international call.
- Dial 44, the UK country code. …
- If you’re calling a UK cell phone, dial 7 after the area code.
- Enter the area code. …
- Dial the phone number.