What are the 100 most commonly used words in English?
The 100 most common words in English
|1. the||21. at||61. some|
|2. of||22. be||62. her|
|3. and||23. this||63. would|
|4. a||24. have||64. make|
|5. to||25. from||65. like|
What are the 500 most common words in English?
A list of the 500 most used words
- laugh. thousand.
What are the 10 most frequently used words in English?
10 Most Used Words in English
- Bon appétit.
- Hors d’oeuvre.
What are the most common English words?
100 most common words
|Word||Parts of speech||OEC rank|
What is the most popular word?
Top 100 words
What is the most used word in 2020?
Coronavirus and US political terms dominate the most used words of the year so far. “Covid” is the top word of 2020 so far, according to Global Language Monitor, an American data-research company that tracks trends in worldwide use of the English language.
What words do I use most often?
Here are 20+ of my favorite vocabulary words that you should use more often!
- Archaic (adjective) Definition: very old or old fashioned. …
- Zephyr (noun) Definition: a brief gusty wind. …
- Quiescent (adjective) …
- Plethora (noun) …
- Degust (verb) …
- Poignant (adjective) …
- Abate (verb) …
- Sycophant (noun)
What is the least used word?
Least Common English Words
- abate: reduce or lesson.
- abdicate: give up a position.
- aberration: something unusual, different from the norm.
- abhor: to really hate.
- abstain: to refrain from doing something.
- adversity: hardship, misfortune.
- aesthetic: pertaining to beauty.
- amicable: agreeable.
What are the bombastic words?
List of Bombastic Words & Meaning 1.
- Meaning of cynical (adjective) sarcastic; doubting the sincerity of others; pessimistic. …
- Meaning of depraved (adjective) corrupt; degenerate; debauched. …
- Meaning of labyrinthine (adjective) complicated; confusing; maze-like. …
- Meaning of rueful (adjective) regretful; mournful; pitiable.
What is the most uncommon word?
Here are the fifteen most unusual words in the English language.
- Serendipity. This word appears in numerous lists of untranslatable words. …
- Gobbledygook. …
- Scrumptious. …
- Agastopia. …
- Halfpace. …
- Impignorate. …
- Jentacular. …
How can I use impressive words?
Used with verbs:
“His pictures are impressive.” “Her grandfather’s stories sound impressive.” “His loud voice sounded impressive.” “Her writing became more impressive.”
What are main words?
Definitions of main entry word. the form of a word that heads a lexical entry and is alphabetized in a dictionary. synonyms: citation form, entry word. type of: descriptor, form, signifier, word form. the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something.
Can I learn 50 words a day?
Learning 50 words a day is impressive, learning each word will take you about 10 seconds, but you need to practice it, so if you spend just 1 hour a day, you can pick up a lot of vocabulary and be confident in conversation with native speakers!
Which is the most beautiful word in English?
The Top 10 Most Beautiful English Words
- 1 Sequoia (n.) (A 7 letter word that has the letter Q and all 5 vowels) A redwood tree, especially the California redwood.
- 2 Euphoria (n.) …
- 3 Pluviophile (n.) …
- 4 Clinomania (n.) …
- 5 Idyllic (adj.) …
- 6 Aurora (n.) …
- 7 Solitude (n.) …
- 8 Supine (adj.) …
What is the longest word in English?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.