‘The’ tops the league tables of most frequently used words in English, accounting for 5% of every 100 words used.
What are the most commonly used words?
100 most common words
|Word||Parts of speech||OEC rank|
Which are the 10 most frequently used words in English?
10 Most Used Words in English
- Bon appétit.
- Hors d’oeuvre.
What are the 1000 most common words in English?
Here’s the List of the 1000 Most Common English Words
- be – “Will you be my friend?”
- and – “You and I will always be friends.”
- of – “Today is the first of November.”
- a – “I saw a bear today.”
- in – “She is in her room.”
- to – “Let’s go to the park.”
- have – “I have a few questions.”
- too – “I like her too.”
Who is the longest word?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.
What are the 500 most common words in English?
A list of the 500 most used words
- laugh. thousand.
What is the most uncommon word?
Here are the fifteen most unusual words in the English language.
- Serendipity. This word appears in numerous lists of untranslatable words. …
- Gobbledygook. …
- Scrumptious. …
- Agastopia. …
- Halfpace. …
- Impignorate. …
- Jentacular. …
What are difficult words?
Available in 31 languages: Algérie 10 MOTS D’ANGLAIS PARMI LES PLUS DIFFICILES. Deutschland 10 weitere schwierige englische Wörter zum Lernen. …
What are the 5 longest words?
10 Longest Words in the English Language
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters) …
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters) …
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters) …
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters) …
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters) …
- Honorificabilitudinitatibus (27 letters)
What are the 1000 most common words in French?
This is a list of the 1,000 most commonly spoken French words.
1000 Most Common French Words.
What is the shortest word?
Eunoia, at six letters long, is the shortest word in the English language that contains all five main vowels. Seven letter words with this property include adoulie, douleia, eucosia, eulogia, eunomia, eutopia, miaoued, moineau, sequoia, and suoidea. (The scientific name iouea is a genus of Cretaceous fossil sponges.)
What word takes 3 hours to say?
Note the ellipses. All told, the full chemical name for the human protein titin is 189,819 letters, and takes about three-and-a-half hours to pronounce.
What is titin full name?
So what’s the word? Wikipedia’s says that it’s “Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl … isoleucine” (ellipses necessary), which is the “chemical name of titin, the largest known protein.” Also, there’s some dispute about whether this is really a word.